Pastor Brian Nulf accepted the call as Senior Pastor for Mt. Zion on February 1, 2009. He came to us from Fayetteville, NC, where he served as the Associate Pastor for Berean Baptist church since 2002. Prior to Berean Baptist church, he served his country for 21 years in the Army Special Forces. He was called and surrendered to the gospel ministry on January 20, 2002 and was subsequently ordained into the ministry in 2003.His formal education includes a Business degree from Campbell University and a MA in Theology from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.
Pastor Brian married his high school sweetheart, Brenda, in 1983, and they have three children, Eric, Kimberly and Kelly.
Pastor Cody was born April 13, 1987 and has lived in Jonesborough, TN his whole life. He surrendered his heart to Christ at the age of 13, and at age 18 felt the call to the gospel ministry. During college he served in various ministries ranging from worship bands to preaching and teaching at churches and events. It was during this time that he met his wife, Amber, and they were married in January of 2012. Pastor Cody was ordained into the gospel ministry in May of 2011. Cody has received a Bachelor's Degree in Biblical Educaiton from Graham Bible College and an MA in Theology from Knox Theological Seminary.
- We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original manuscripts and the sufficient and final authority for all matters of faith, practice, and life. (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe God is triune, being three in person and one in essence. The Father, Son, and Spirit are equally God but are three in person. This God is the center of our worship. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- We believe in the sovereign rule of the Father who assumes headship of all that He created and continues to care and sustain in providence all that exists. (Isaiah 40)
- We believe that the eternal Son took on human flesh, being born of a virgin, and that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man, the only mediator between God and man. (Matthew 1:23-25, I Timothy 2:5, Philippians 2:5-7)
- We believe that all have sinned and are under the condemnation of death. (Romans 3:23 and 6:23)
- We believe that Jesus, according to the will of God the Father, offered Himself as a substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe in Him have eternal life. On the cross, Jesus defeated evil, sin and death. He shed His blood so that those who repent and believe will have life in Him as their Lord and Savior. (John 3:1, Romans 10:9-10)
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith, and that true faith in the gospel will be made evident by a life of godliness, which is only possible by walking with the Holy Spirit, and by participation with the community of the saints. (Acts 2:42, Ephesians 2:10, Philippians 2:12, Hebrews 10:25)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus as the first fruits of our resurrection and His ascension into heaven to the right hand of the Father. We look forward in hope to His second coming in glory. (I Corinthians 15:3-8, II Peter 3)
- We believe that baptism is a faithful response to God’s grace, signifying one’s identification with Christ and His church and the church’s privilege is to commune with the triune God and His people in celebrating the Lord’s Supper. (Acts 2:3)
- We believe that the church is the pillar and foundation of the truth, sharing in God’s redemptive mission through proclamation of the gospel by word and deed, resulting in transformed lives committed to God’s glory. The church is the community where the people of God share their lives in fellowship with God and each other. (I Timothy 3:15, Matthew 28:19-20)
- We believe in a coming Great Day where all people -- the living and the dead -- will stand before God in order to hear His verdict concerning their eternal destiny, either heaven or hell. (Revelation 20:11-15, I Corinthians 3:12-15)